The purpose of this statement is to let users of this website know what information is collected about them when they visit this site, how this information is used and if it is disclosed.
This statement has been prepared in accordance with the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites.
Recording your visit
When you look at this web site, we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site you visited
- the type of browser you used
- No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect computer logs.
Some sites use “cookies” to track a particular user’s access to a site. Cookies are not used on this site to gather personal information about users except when they are used within a specific web-based application for session management purposes.
Recording your email address
We will only record your email address if you authorise us to do so. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you authorise us to do so. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
Collecting personal information
From time to time we will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a function or activity of Mindcare Mental Health Services. When we do so we will let you know the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published), and the legal authority for the collection if it is authorised or required by or under law.
We will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of Mindcare Mental Health Services, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive.
Because there are risks associated with using the Internet as a transmission medium, when we use electronic forms to collect information we will also provide you with other options for providing the information – for example, a paper form and mailing address and a telephone contact.
Publishing personal information
We will only publish personal information on this site if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge or if you have consented to the disclosure. When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on this site is accessible to millions of users from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that, once the information is published on this site, we will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
The information contained on this website is intended as general information only and is subject to change without notice. While Mindcare Mental Health Services has made every effort to ensure information is free from error, it does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information on this website nor does Mindcare Mental Health Services accept any liability or take any responsibility whatsoever for the reliance on such information. The website also contains links to sites maintained by other organisations. Mindcare Mental Health Services therefore does not take any responsibility for the content of those sites nor does it imply an endorsement.
- Some of our web pages use “cookies”. Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us.
When you visit our sites, our internet service provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes only –
- The users server address,
- The users top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.),
- The date and time you visited this site,
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded,
- The previous site visited,
- The type of browser you used.
No attempt is, or will be, made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our activity logs